Can you answer Yes to these questions?
- I’m running WordPress version 4.7.3.
- I’m using a strong password when logging into WordPress.
- My WordPress theme and plugins are up to date.
- I regularly backup my website.
If you answered NO to any of these, its’ time to get serious about securing your website. Hackers aren’t just targeting large companies. They are also targeting small business, non-profit and personal blog sites. If you don’t think your site could be a target just consider these statistics:
- Nearly 30,000 websites are infected with some type of malware every day.
- 10,000+ websites get blacklisted daily by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, and others because hackers have injected malware on their website.
- According to Stopthehacker.com it only takes 10 minutes to crack a lowercase password that is 6 characters long.
- Nearly 73% of all Americans have been a victim of cybercrime.
Don’t know how to get started? Fall Communications can help. We offer WordPress security services to small businesses, associations and non-profits. Contact us today!